Simple tasks to maintain your device
- Clean your hearing aids each time you remove them.
- Ensure that you have switched the device off, once its removed from the ear.
- If you have a behind the ear device, check for moisture in the elbow of the tubing – this can sometimes cause the device to appear to be intermittent.
- Check filters are clean.
- Check microphones are clear and open.
- Use a satchel of desiccant gel to absorb moisture when the device is not in use.
- Once you have removed the battery tab, wait about 30 sec before you put it in your device – you will notice a better battery life.
- If you need to lubricate your ear, use a water based gel like KY jelly or a solution like Sorbeline. This will avoid residue building up and potentially getting into the ear canals.