Get the Most Out of Your Hearing Device
- One of the most important tips we can offer you, is to wear your hearing device/s as much as possible. Consistent use is the key to getting the most out of your hearing aids.
- If you have two hearing devices, it will save time if you change both batteries at the same time.
- When adjusting volume, only make as much adjustment as is required for the situation.
- If you are regularly experiencing feedback (whistle) from the device, check that the device is correctly fitted in the canal and have your ears checked for wax next time you are at the GP.
- Get into the habit of checking over and cleaning your hearing aid after every use, this will give you the best chance of a problem free experience.
- If you are experiencing any difficulties after a number of weeks of consistent use, you should book an appointment to see one of our practitioners. There is often a solution or at least an explanation for most things.